Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with the old, In with the New!

Well everyone, we have come to the end of another year. The final hours of 2010 are upon us. Many think of a New Year as a fresh start. A time to change unwanted habits, learn new things, and embark on new adventures. Recently, I have noticed a lot of opposition to the traditional "New Year's Resolution". Many wonder "Why make vows to change when you can start today? Don't talk about it, be about it!" While in theory this sound nice, I may have to disagree to a point.

A New Year causes people, who otherwise wouldn't do so, to think about what has occurred during the past year. I personally believe that self-evaluation is important no matter when you decide to do it. Maybe you like to wait until you have the freshness of a New Year to begin to embark on a better you. Some people evaluate themselves periodically and make changes throughout the year. I say whatever works for you is the best method and never allow anyone to mock you or tell you different. Often times as humans we think our way is the best when we need to understand that we all approach life differently. My way is not necessarily wrong and neither is yours.

With that said, make resolutions!!! Or don't!!!! Just make 2011 count. Live each day to the fullest and expect greatness. Last year, I set an expectation for my life. I expected God to do great things and to receive an A in my classes. I did accomplish my goal of getting an A (Securities Regulations...go me!!!) and as for whether or not God did something great in my life...I'm still breathing aren't I.

So to whoever may stumble across this blog, I wish you a Happy New Year and all of God's blessings in 2011 and every year to come!

As always in parting, Grace and Peace be with you! Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment